I work as a joy cultivator, heart opener, and awakening facilitator in the field of personal transformation. I focus on yumminess. Together, we embrace the joy in life – the little joys and the big joys. Part of embracing a fulfilled life includes welcoming all that we are. Including the fear, anger, heartache and grief. I help unravel core wounds and seemingly complicated energies into simple aligned truths. Beyond my training’s and thousands of hours working with clients, my most valuable qualifications for this work come from my own personal experiences and journey into my own heart.
I am a seeker, a curiosity devotee and I love transformation. I expect nothing less for myself than to feel vividly awake, without facade, in every moment of every day. And this way of being is what fuels me to be here, ready to serve you on your own journey towards engaging with the life that you yearn for.
You could say I’ve been a sucker for the hard road. I enjoy paths that demand personal growth. I have always gravitated towards the situations where I learn the most. This brought me experiences that I did not expect; Addiction, abuse, near death experiences, body image issues, PTSD, family upheaval and profound uncertainty. My life has been through many waves of intensity and honestly, much of it has brought me to my knees.
All of my big life challenges seemed to happen at once. The first challenge was navigating the complexities of girl world. I was a ballet dancer. The harm caused to the female form was shocking to me. Eating disorders, perfectionism, and various forms of self-harm were common. How could dancing feel so yummy, and yet the dance world be so painful? I was bewildered. I’m happy to say that since, I’ve reclaimed my love of dance and it now nurtures me in cultivating a juicy life.
At the same time, my family environment was growing dysfunctional. Financial insecurities lead my parents through the difficult path of divorce, alcoholism and depression. I internalized these issues, creating an inner atmosphere of shame, guilt, and anger. Additionally, I experienced a series of sexual traumas. This lead me into an internal shut down and extreme self-denial. Codependent behaviors were the only way I knew how to relate to the world. The combination of these experiences lead me through a battlefield of abusive and unhealthy relationships. Addiction, PTSD and volatile emotional experiences were common for me. My gifts completely shut down. I allowed myself to become small, angry, and isolated.
In 2014, my body had finally had enough. I became extremely ill. I had a heart condition and a slew of other seemingly unrelated problems. I was forced to drop out of school in Vancouver BC and move back home to Boulder and get well.
Months later, I was introduced to a shaman. After a single session, she threw me threw the fires of personal development. I have since undergone deep emotional and psychological exploration, hunting down the places where I wasn’t true or loving. I learned what the word surrender means. I had many generous teachers help me discover the power that comes through self agency, and savoring life in all of its flavors. My framework allows all of the so-called imperfections of life to be expressed on the ground that they are your greatest teacher, rather than something that needs to be swept under the rug.
My heart condition quickly vanished. I felt energized. Since, I have thrown myself fully into the healing arts. I have made extreme leaps with my inner world, healing myself of many personal demons. My relationships are compassionate and supportive, I have amazing tools to relate with others, and I have created a powerful relationship with my own superpowers. I have cultivated a lifestyle of inquiry and curiosity that nurtures my personal and professional life.
I am deeply humbled and grateful for the blessing my experiences have been and continue to be in my life. It has been an opportunity to embody many tremendous teachings, and has been a beautiful foundation upon which to learn more about what it means to be a human being.
My Professional Journey
I feel most alive when I’m teaching and serving. Nothing else fuels me like showing up for others to hold space for their own transformation. My highest desire is to help you claim the right to be ecstatically alive, in all the places you touch the world.
My teachers and training’s have been many. I attended university at Quest University Canada, studied energy work and shamanism under Bonnie Serratore at Spiritual Acceleration, lived at a Buddhist Zen Center, and am a massage therapist. I am currently training in integral authentic relating, and cultivating an inter-relational practice known as circling. I have created healing miracles for others, and have helped others create their own healing miracles. I’ve facilitated training’s, workshops, retreats, and classes. I’ve lead teenagers and adults into their edges and mentored instructors. Currently, I work as an intuitive coach, healer and teacher in an office in Louisville, CO.
18 things you might not know about me:
1. Despite the name, Wild Turtle Healing, my favorite animal is the elephant.
2. I hang out with my spunky teenage sister every Saturday. We have epic sleepovers that include an array of board games, hiking and exploring, along with pun battles between her and my boyfriend. It is a highlight of my week.
3. I am a Capricorn, with a Taurus rising and Taurus moon. In human design, I am a 5:1 manifesting generator. I am an enneagram 7.
4. One of my grandma’s is a conservative baptist southerner who owns a gun and drinks sweat tea. The other grandma is a liberal, beauty salon owning, New Yorker who wears at least 5 inch heals everywhere she goes. They are both tough women who raised their kids on their own. I have a little bit of both of them in me.
5. When I was 8, I was torn between wanting to be an angel when I grew up or prima ballerina. I feel like now I get to be a bit of both.
6. I am gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, egg free, sesame free, yeast free, and soy free. I still eat chocolate every night.
7.There is nothing to me like skiing. I rarely feel as free as I do when I am flying down a mountain.
8. My top three next trips: Iceland, Italy, Peru.
9. I have a huge gemstone collection. Every month I alot myself time to browse gemstones and choose my next addition. I love their energy!
10. My current boyfriend and I used to know each other in high school. Years later we reconnected and are now celebrating our first year anniversary. Woo-hoo!
11. I love love love owning my own business. It’s been a sacred journey that’s revealed so much to me about my own beliefs, ability, and faith. I learn more from each client that comes in than they can learn from me.
12. I feel abundant when I have extra chocolate in the house, and a few massages on the calendar.
13. Most of my family is confused about the work I do. Energy work? huh? I used to be upset by that, but now, these relationships help keep me grounded while I’m on my flight. The earth to my sky…
14. I spend a ton of time at coffee shops 🙂 That’s where I’m writing this list. I love the energy, the hustle and bustle, and the warm drinks.
15. I read at least one book a month. I always have a big stack by my bed just waiting to be cracked open.
16. Every-night I wear a giant pink fuzzy robe and have a cup of tea.
17. The desert feels more like home to me then anywhere else in the world. Even though I grew up in forest-y Colorado. I go to the southwest multiple times a year to soak in the sun.