“Tender, fiercely life-giving, and wise, Shelby is a trustworthy companion in the journey of becoming human.”
Here I am.
I’m all for brave love. My version of healing has looked like sweet pained paradox, long slow bodywork, brisk walks, bone rattling fear, mysticism, annihilating doses of humility and continual self forgiveness. I love business. I love teaching. I believe that the best self-help is self compassion.
I am a teacher, facilitator, coach, and entrepreneur.
I believe my most valuable qualifications for coaching stem from my personal experiences of transformation. I have always gravitated towards the situations where I learn the most. Addiction, codependency, abuse, near death experiences, penetrating illness, body image issues, family upheaval and profound uncertainty…. all are a part of my story. The combination of these experiences lead me through a battlefield of abusive and unhealthy relationships. I completely shut down. I allowed myself to become small, angry, and isolated.
In 2014, my body had finally had enough. I became extremely ill. Months later, I was introduced to a shaman. After a single session, she threw me threw the fires of personal development. I have since undergone deep emotional and psychological exploration, hunting down the places where I wasn’t true or loving. I learned about surrender. I had many generous teachers help me discover the power that comes through self agency, and savoring life in all of its flavors. My framework allows all of the so-called imperfections of life to be expressed on the ground that they are your greatest teacher, rather than something that needs to be swept under the rug. My body healed.
Since, I have thrown myself fully into the healing arts and the psychology of transformation. I am deeply humbled and grateful for the blessing my experiences have been and continue to be in my life. It has been an opportunity to embody many tremendous teachings, and has been a beautiful foundation upon which to learn more about what it means to be a human being.
Highlights from my professional Journey…
- Running a successful, full-time, international coaching business for five years.
- Creating a tight-knit community of students and clients, who are devoted to their own development.
- Facilitating countless training’s, workshops, and classes leading adults and teenagers to their edges.
- Supporting the Integral Center’s top Relational Leadership program, T3
- Studying Somatic Psychology at Naropa University
- Leading Spiritual Acceleration’s 12-month Energy Medicine Course for four years
- Studying philosophy at Quest University in Squamish, BC
- Becoming a Certified Massage Therapist, and diving deep into embodiment
I am a professional coach who works with entrepreneurs to achieve holistic success. I support them in:
– Building a devoted community
– Allowing for a life that is in integrity with their values
– Identifying and pursuing heart-centered goals
– Stepping into transparency and visibility in the relationship with yourself
– Stepping into high self-care standards, and your own self-importance
– Strengthening leadership skills
– Deepening Relationships and building communication tools
17 things you might not know about me:
1. Turtles are my favorite animal – I sooo admire their slowness.
2. I am a Capricorn, with a Taurus rising and Taurus moon. In human design, I am a 5:1 manifesting generator. I am an enneagram 6w7
3. I am a huge Hozier fan. I know every song by heart.
4. One of my grandma’s is a conservative baptist southerner who owns a gun and drinks sweat tea. The other grandma is a liberal, beauty salon owning, New Yorker who wears at least 5 inch heals everywhere she goes. They are both tough women who raised their kids on their own. I have a little bit of both of them in me.
5. I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was 18 and haven’t turned back! I’ve started four successful companies since.
6. I am gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, egg free, sesame free, yeast free, and soy free. I eat chocolate every night.
7.There is nothing to me like skiing. I rarely feel as free as I do when I am flying down a mountain.
8. My top three next trips: Iceland, Italy, Peru.
9. I am so passionate about adult development – learning about psychological maps lights me up.
10. My current boyfriend and I used to know each other in high school. Years later we reconnected and are now celebrating our third year anniversary. Woo-hoo!
11. I love love love owning my own business. It’s been a sacred journey that’s revealed so much to me about my own beliefs, ability, and faith.
12. I feel abundant when I have extra chocolate in the house, and a few massages on the calendar.
13. Most of my family is confused about the work I do. Coaching? Huh? I used to be upset by that, but now, these relationships help keep me grounded while I’m on my flight. The earth to my sky…
14. I spend a ton of time at coffee shops 🙂 That’s where I’m writing this list. I love the energy, the hustle and bustle, and the warm drinks.
15. I read at least one book a month. I always have a big stack by my bed just waiting to be cracked open.
16. Every-night I wear a giant pink fuzzy robe and have a cup of tea.